Vibrancy. Health. Balance.
Ayurveda seeks to bring balance to the body, mind and spirit through its multi-modal approach, meaning that we utilizes a variety of different methods and therapies to promote balance and for prevention and treatment. These modalities include:
- Diet plans suited to individual constitution
- Herbal formulations
- Daily routine recommendations and protocols to establish ideal times for sleeping, eating, exercise etc, in order to balance the mind and body
- Yoga for different doshas (body types)
- Pranayama (breathing exercises)
- Self massage therapies with medicated oils, herbs or decoctions
- Marma (vital point) activation
What is Ayurveda?
The word Ayurveda is the combination of two Sanskrit words, "Āyu" which means life and "Veda" which means knowledge, literally translating to “knowledge of life.” This Indian holistic health modality is over 5,000 years old.
Ayurveda is really a whole lifestyle approach, taking into consideration the entirety of the individual, and helping to bring the body back to its natural state of health and well-being.
In order to bring the body and mind back to a state of health, Ayurveda uses the modalities of: Herbal remedies; dietary guidelines and modifications; breathing and meditation practices; oil massage; detoxification and cleansing regimens, daily and seasonal routines; specific yoga postures and exercise recommendations; and sleep recommendations.
What does a consultation entail?
During a consultation, either in person, on the phone, or through email, I will:
- Determine your Ayurvedic dosha (mind-body type), either through my detailed questionnaires for distance consultations, or through pulse assessment, tongue analysis, facial and body-type reading for in-person consultations.
- Assess your digestion, energy levels, dominant personality traits, physiology, skin and hair type in order to identify patterns between physical and mental tendencies.
- Evaluate your current diet and lifestyle.
- Discuss and address any specific health concerns.
- Provide you with a specific, individualized and personal protocol designed to help balance the body and address any specific health concerns you have.
- After the appointment, you will receive a document with all of the information we discussed, including:
- Your individual dosha and what this means
- Specific herbs recommended for you and anything you specifically want to address
- Suggested daily routine to help balance the body