Food is Where Healing Begins
Ayurveda believes that food is medicine. Food is one of the first places we start when beginning an Ayurvedic protocol.
Fresh & Organic
The effect of food on the mind is just as important as its effect on the body. Foods that are most beneficial for the body and mind are:
- Fresh foods, preferably organic and/or locally-grown
- Foods that are not genetically modified
- Food that is freshly cooked or baked (not leftovers)
- Foods that are prepared with loving intention
- Foods that are in season. I.e. fresh, locally grown strawberries in the summer are more beneficial than imported strawberries eaten in winter.